11.23.2010

Behind the Afro

Last week, nothing really significant happened to my life but to my identity, I guess I have to say there were a lot. Somehow, out of the blue, I realized somethings that made me ashame and proud at the same time about my self. Weird as it were, but I realized it gave me a certain distinction about my uniqueness.

70's OBSESSION- So we were asked to perform ballroom dance as a part of our mid quarter exam on M.A.P.E.H. And my teacher said that it might involve sway, boogie and plenty other more. When I tried researching about those stuffs, I landed on the disco fever during the 70's and somehow, I was fascinated over it. I love the afros and the bell bottoms and especially the music! Michael Jackson and BeeGees has always been my favorite, but now I'm addicted to them! So yeah, while other teenage girls are going gagaover korean stuffs, I am enchanted with disco fever... how I wish I can turn back time.




REALITY BOOKS- So that's how I call them! Because they do happen on real life, and they can inspire people! My classmates used to seek books on which there would be magicians and vampires and plenty other more freaky stuffs, but I prefer those tear jerkers and even simple stories behind a girl growing up. My friends says that these kind of books are boring, but not for me. Somehow, these piece of art teach me how to live well and provide me sneak peaks on how complicated life can be.


A big thanks for absorbing my weirdness!

8 komento:

  1. wow...you are definitely not an average girl xD

    i agree with you with the typical girls gaga over k-stuff.

    same here,we were asked to do swing though.love mj songs.timeless!

    TumugonBurahin
  2. same here i'm not into korean songs i prefer music that i can understand, i love reading sensible books too but i lalove harry potter because it opens my imagination about things and believe it or not it teaches you about life, friendship, bravery and many more lol.

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Jackson Five is one of the amazing American bands who produces one of the finest figure in the world of music industry..and it's Michael Jackson. Nice post indeed..

    TumugonBurahin
  4. haha.. funny is, I love reading magic books too. haha.. so count me in, but I love reading such as stargirl too.. well it depends..

    TumugonBurahin
  5. yer not really into k pop right ? cause yer into 70's ? really ? lol, anyways, bout ballroom, em enrolled to a ballroom class, and it sucks :D

    TumugonBurahin
  6. Sounds like an interesting book to read. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  7. I feel for you. I used to think I like magical stuff but I prefer true life stories of girls, growing up and etc <33 That book shown in your post looks interesting <3

    TumugonBurahin
  8. hindi ako mahilig mag basa ng libro ate rhea pero tingin ko? Mukhang magandang libro nga po yung tinutukoy mo. Nga pala sori now lang ako naka punta ult dito panu busy sa napaka raming report s school.

    TumugonBurahin