2.08.2012

The Thrift Store

For these past few days, I am very astound on how my bag seems to be producing lots of coins out of nowhere. Hero-like coins I may say.

Last Thursday, I mustered a total of 25 pesos deep within the murky side pockets of my bag, which answered my craving for a McFloat; last Monday, I discovered a ten peso coin between the pages of my Physical Education book which pretty much saved me from being late for that day, since I had snoozed my alarm clock thrice before finally getting up so I had no time to walk my way to school (yes, I do walk my way there as a daily exercise); and, just this Wednesday, I gathered a total of 15 pesos which I spent on buying Kamote Cue, such a morsel, I know, but it saved me from passing out in any points on that entire day.

These instances made me realize how coins, no matter how underrated they are, still manifest a flummoxing sense of sovereignty among our lives. And no, I ain't mocking.

1. Pen
Imagine a life without pen, such an agony isn't it? It is in fact, the most cliche way of hoarding the freedom of expression. For a writer, well, an inspiring writer like me, a day without a pen is as close as Grace Lee without a single PSG from PNoy; it is indeed, a safeguard for us. I myself, have experienced a great amount of woes when my mind was just teeming of ideas yet my bag puked no pen, it was hideous. This would probably sound a bit insane, but it is a fact after all: a pen can save a life. Or in our case, a pen saved a whole nation.

Price Starts from 7.00 php to 30.00 php


2. Morsels
We all are Gulliver at some sorts, and are quite Patrick Star too. We tend to travel a lot and nibbling something comes automatically with this fact. No matter what the size is or how uncoath it may taste, we will indulge in it. For an average Filipino like me, buying salted peanuts andCropeck while riding a bus; such a paltry food they are, but it saves us from being completely lunatic because of the boredom we experience during our journeys, and... it saves our saliva from being dry too; which will probably give us a withering odor when we speak.

Price Starts at 5.00 php


3. Accessories
Anything colorful is beautiful, and anything beautiful is worth buying... no matter how senseless they are. For us girls, we cannot deny the fact that we are easily endeared, and that endearment is characterized by being too impulsive in our decisions, to the point that we often forget that trashes mostly come in colorful packages. But who can blame us? We are sweet-eyed. And also, we are nothing but candid girls who are in need of some colors. (Wait, did I just claimed that I am a candid girl?!)

Price Starts at 10.00


4. Load
Imagine this: your ex-boyfriend confessed that he is still in love with you; your present boyfriend is asking how great your love is for him; and, your crush is offering you to have a lunch with him. What would the flirty girl inside you will do? Scuttle towards the nearest loading station, register to any network offers you might need, and BOOM! The world suddenly turns out to be the most delightful place ever.

Price Starts at 15.00


5. Charity
Above all these, helping someone is the greatest petty luxury ever, that it may not be considered "petty" anymore. What is the pain of succoring to the less fortunate people?

Price Starts at 1.00 and ends at infinity


Just in case you are still obfuscated, I am talking about the small things that are quite essential to the happy life we all desire. In the age of tabs and social networking; microwaves and fastfoods; and, checkbooks and ATMs; try to do some introspection and see that life is also made up of little knits, which had eventually turned out to be a warm, and sometimes bulky sweater we all carry...

I shall end this with a very famous quote:
"Anong magagawa ng bente mo?" *What can your twenty pesos do?

2 komento:

  1. I am only writing to

    make you be aware of what a wonderful encounter my cousin's child gained studying your webblog. She noticed such a lot of things, with the inclusion of what it's like to have an amazing

    coaching nature to make other

    people completely understand selected advanced
    things. You actually surpassed visitors' expected results. Thank you for showing these effective, healthy,

    educational and even unique thoughts on your topic to Kate.

    my site - 2011 nfl draft date
    Feel free to visit my site ; 2011 world series of poker final table tv

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Minecraft Pocket Edition free.
    Regards

    Here is my web-site - Minecraft PE download

    TumugonBurahin