9.02.2012

Mirrors and Monochrome

On when and how my adherence to photography started- I do not know, what I am sure of is that it gives me more frustrations than artistic satisfactions. I do not have a decent camera myself, and that is not over-statement, I do not have any DSLR nor any digital camera (it is not mine officially) so I need to settle on my phone's camera which is not even high-resolution. However, Photoscape indeed helps me a lot in improving my photos, which pretty much means that at least they are not visually appalling.

But whatever boulders you may throw on me about this foolishness, I will only swallow them. Yes, I am that stubborn, and it isn't my nature to compromise with the people who do not respect my idiosyncrasy.

These past few days I am all blundering about monochrome, a.k.a black and white. Perhaps it's all because of the beauty of the silent film I have recently watched entitled The Artist (see my movie review here), or entirely because I obviously lack the sense of color combination. Either way, I am posting the junks photos I have taken.

The Bulb and the Mirror


Another Bulb and the Mirror


Stoic


What's bigger than 2? A magnified 2.


I would also like to share my other acceptable photos I have hoarded. Although they are not in monochrome, I have made use of mirrors, so I think it still fine if I post it here. Why am I even explaining myself?

Mirror, Love, and Vanity.




Ugh yeah, this has nothing to do about the title. But then again, I need not to explain myself.  

Old- New Year



Okay. If you think I am already spamming with this post (which is very much impossible since this is my blog) Just imagine how I will be if I will have decent camera (which is very soon!).

2 komento:

  1. I love the photos though! Especially the first ones! :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Our friend Steve Poleskie uses a 14 year old Olympus E-10, with just 4 megapixels and shoots only by natural light. He prefers a big, heavy camera which steadies his hand, rather than a phone, etc. He does not use PhotoShop, only the Cammedia program that came with the camera, and then only to get the pictures onto his computer. Good luck with your photography.
    Sidney Grayling

    TumugonBurahin