10.01.2012

Fight Against the E-Martial Law

Aside from making a total fool out of himself, Tito Sotto resurfaced a very wrath-worth resolution in the congress. His plagiarism case signaled Filipinos lawmakers that it is time to pursue Republic Act 10175 or the Cybercrime Prevention Act.
This is the very first time I've been completely cynical about the regime of Noynoy Aquino. I often disregard everything he and his administration does for I believe I am the captain of my ship (Invictus!). But this one really got into my nerves, because of all the rights indicated in our constitution, freedom of expression is the fanciest for me (that's so existentialist). And when you got into my opinions, especially when they are put into letters, then prepare for war.

The bill, as per the requirements for all bench-lifting laws, is verbose and languid yet it only roots down to the statement: Any forms of data reduplication and negative statements, shall be considered libelous. 

I am no law student, and my only foundation for such matters is my Philippine Constitution when I was a college freshman. I have read the bill and it was obfuscating nonetheless, but I think I did get the gist of everything. So as a form of public service, I will present my layman interpretation of the Act.

- Twitter retweets will be a crime. Therefore, if you retweeted something from PAG-ASA like this one: "Help urgent! A lady trapped in *insert place* needs rescue!" then you're a criminal. Great.
- Copying Facebook shoutouts will be a crime. Therefore, if you copied and pasted something like this one: "*insert very inspiring quotation" See teenagers, these are the benefits of making the most out of your education" you'll be a criminal. Nice.
- Sharing blog/posts will be a crime. Therefore, if you shared something like this one: "*insert link* Wow, this money-making strategy really is great! I want to disseminate this to help all of you!" then you're a criminal. Clap clap.
- Strong, negative statements will be libelous. Therefore, saying something like this one: "*insert status of a bully* This is nothing but shit, every child shall get equal rights" you shall revise it like this one "*insert status of a bully" Wow! This is great! I solemnly affirm this one.", that way, you won't be a criminal. Excellent.

Have I used exaggeration? I don't think so. But please correct me if I am wrong, or please tell me everything is but a nightmare (chos).

The cyberworld has been the den of the youth for quite some time now, and this is the only place we feel that we are not a subject of condemnation, or so in my perspective. People need to realize that the reason why we flaunt our opinions and creativity here is because we have no where to do so. Do not ever rebut that we shall be this opinionated in the real world for it is more prolific to do so, we know best in being judged, trust me.

With the fact that juveniles are the ones who would be greatly affected by this lunatic change, this is the worst scenario that is possible to happen:

*In a prison:
Criminal 1: Been here for 6 years for selling drugs.
Criminal 2: Been here for 7 years for killing my classmate.
Criminal 3: Will be here for 12 years, for retweeting something.

Imprisoning a teenager for retweeting something alongside with drug addicts, robbers and even killers? We're going downtown.

This bill also aims something good, or so I hope. For sure, this will prevent online plagiarism that dominates the web. But in my opinion, being a victim of plagiarism is partly the victim's fault. There are no gadgets or websites that automates automatic posting of ideas, so a person have the full control of everything he publish. We know for a fact that the web is a den of thieves, and if you don't want to be a victim, dare not to do something you will suffer for soon. I'm pretty sure that in one way or another, or perhaps soon enough, I'll learn that something from this blog has been reduplicated, and I shall suffer its consequences for I let myself lay it on public. Don't get me wrong, I am no supporter of plagiarism, in fact as a writer, I consider it the most sinister crime of all, but I also believe that in every pain we face, we are a part or even the very reason of it.

There are no official movement against the E-Martial Law which I may promote, but I encourage everyone to use your online influence to help us stand against this folly. You may create an avatar/banner/button and place it in your blog and other websites, have it as you Facebook and Twitter cover photos or default pictures. A single voice won't suffice, but if we stand against it all together, we will be no less than deafening.

If you have read this, I am 98% sure you'll be affected by the bill once it is passed. So rethink ignoring this.

5 komento:

  1. Great items from you, man. I've take note your stuff previous to and you're just
    extremely wonderful. I really like what you have acquired right here, really like what you are saying and the way in which by which you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it smart.

    I can't wait to read far more from you. That is really
    a tremendous website.

    my site - شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

    TumugonBurahin
  2. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark
    on few general things, The site style is wonderful, thee articles is really excellent : D.

    Good job, cheers

    Also visit my webpage - Sluts In New Hampshire

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Did not thought about this until now :)Garcinia Cambogia Extract suppresses the pancreas from smashing down starch into
    maltose and dextrin. It also can stop the production of alpha-amylase enzymes
    in the human body. Doctors often advise this to their subjects who are diabetes
    patients because the Garcinia Cambogia stops the generation of alpha-glucosidase
    situated in the intestinal tract from transforming disaccharides and starches into glucose.
    Garcinia Cambogia benefits also reduces sugar and carbohydrate food from turning into excess fats
    by blocking the growth of citrate lyase. Some health professionals use Garcinia
    as a laxative to help with obstipation or other wellness reasons
    such as weight loss, to reduce anxiety, depression, mood swings and
    as a help to finding a beneficial night rest.

    Look at my blog - garcinia cambogia dietary supplement dr oz

    TumugonBurahin
  4. A great eye-catching picture with a direct link to
    a product can have great conversion if it is what
    a consumer is looking for. Whenever you post
    to your blog, you need to share it on your wall on Facebook.
    Will it be the person whose website she's never seen or the
    person who has an ad every week in the Sunday paper. Yet posting data online is the same as shouting your deepest secrets at the top of your
    lungs while simultaneously spray-painting what you're saying on a wall where the message will never be taken off or painted over.
    Today, it is not easy to control dilapidating reputation in the market due to some negative comments.
    And in this complete plan, there's no way to skip social media marketing
    anyway. From leading to outright affairs to simply sparking
    jealousy, social media has represented nothing but bad news for countless couples at all phases of their relationship.
    So, to overcome this issue Facebook likes are now available
    on online. Although creating a substantial Twitter
    following may take considerable time, having a Twitter account with niche-targeted followers will make each follower a
    prospective employer, cut down on spam and earn you followers quicker in return. Staying updated will keep your content fresh,
    so people think that they are reading something new and exciting.


    Here is my webpage - boca raton social media marketing how to

    TumugonBurahin
  5. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized
    it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it
    and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!



    my web-site ... شركة تنظيف قصور

    TumugonBurahin