11.04.2012

The Great Di Caprio for The Great Gatsby Movie

Dated back during the days when beauty was defined through your eyebrow's shape, Leonardo Di Caprio will melt our hearts (and pants) once again as he portray the most romantic fictional ever made (for me!), Jay Gatsby.


An adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's Long Island-set novel, where Midwesterner Nick Carraway is lured into the lavish world of his neighbor, Jay Gatsby. Soon enough, however, Carraway will see through the cracks of Gatsby's nouveau riche existence, where obsession, madness, and tragedy await. - IMBD


The Great Gatsby is a concoction of marital and social issues from infidelity to materialism to self-isolation and status quo problems. Each of the colorful characters represented different kinds of people with different social status and are all interconnected by love and passion. Starring Leonardo Di Caprio as Jay Gatsby; Tobey Macguire as Nick Carraway; Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan; and Joel Edgerton as Tom Buchanan.

I have recently finished reading the novel, and I may say that the story is indeed good- but overrated. Sure enough F. Scot Fitzgerald wouldn't be a history himself without any reason, but labeling it as the best novel of the 20th century will be too much, well at least for me. But as to my stoic belief that such classics are meant not to be filtered but rather felt (feeling artist!), I will not do a book review for the book.


However, the story's title character is someone (not something!) you will not soon forget. Just when I thought that I will never fall out of love of Patrick (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) there came a wealthy, successful man named Jay Gatsby who is drop dead romantic and head over heels (to the highest level!) over his love. Buying a billion dollar estate just to be at least a bay away from your house, wherein he find solitude in seeing even just the green light from your house; throwing great parties every week just for the chance that you may drop by; and waiting for years for the moment you will have a tea with his neighbor- even the description crazily in love will not suffice!


One of the main features of the story, perhaps second to Jay Gatsby himself, would be his spectacular parties. I have imagined something big, and as to what the trailers tell me, I do think it will be justified by the movie. On the other hand, aside from Leonardo Di Caprio and Tobey Macguire, I am a complete stranger to the other casts- let's just hope that they will be pressured enough to do good because The Great Di Caprio is their co-actor.

The Great Gatsby movie is supposed to hit the theaters this Christmas, however, news said that it is moved to 2013 (exact date to be announced).


* I do not own nor claim any of the photos used.

2 komento:

  1. wow! Leonardo "mylove" Dicaprio!... I love him so much and I think he'll be great in this movie. I'll watch it first before reading the novel so I guess I'll have to wait. and Toby is sooooo.... hot...

    TumugonBurahin