6.27.2013

Before Midnight Movie Premiere

In the era of superficial and illicit love affairs, it is really nice to see a series that does not give up on showing people how true love should be. We all seem to be losing the idea of purity and honesty because deus ex machina endings are far more cinematic than reality. But the thing is, love will be an eternal trouble by itself, and Richard Linklater have made this clear in Before Midnight, the third installment of the Before Series.


In Before Sunrise, we were taken away by the warmth and pureness of the young Jesse and Celine. It was a great challenge to see an ending without the promise of happiness for the two lead characters that we did not even take it as an ending even after the credits had been fully rolled. Who could have thought that the idle years after Before Sunrise had not been put into waste as it set the realistic time frame for the second meeting of Jesse and Celine in Before Sunset. Again, we were all taken aback on how Jesse had been so intellectually romantic as he used his gift of writing just to reach out to Celine again. However, it was such a pain, yet again, since it did not end too. We were left hanging with the question if Jesse left Celine for good.

Reality Multimedia has been generous enough to give me two tickets for the local premiere of Before Midnight, and so I will not spoil the biggest question about Jesse's presumed departure in the end of Before Sunset. Actually, even if without the sponsorship, I will never really think of spoiling it. It got me thinking for years! Imagine the load of curiosity that clouded me before I saw Before Midnight. Plus, I duly think that the question that lies before it is an essential part of the story, sort of like a rhetorical introduction that will tuck you in your seat before the greatness of the film alone consumes you.

I love it how Jesse and Celine are both amazing; either perfectly amazing for each other or too amazing for one another. The reservations and resentments they keep inside their relationship are not the ones that will really make you puke out of sheer disgust, they are honest and heartfelt that you cannot simply help yourself from getting unto their shoes. I love it how they are never stupid, because that is one thing I totally loathe about love stories, how foolishness becomes a pre-requisite for a perfect relationship. The couple's right decisions and how they correct their mistakes are the ones that will get their relationship soaring on the good side, and I do not think those things should tantamount to stupidity at all.

The poignant conversations between Jesse and Celine still remains only that they are a lot more rational than how they were on Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. Moreover, the film has sustained its excellent backdrop choice as Before Midnight takes place on Greece,which is pretty much the original cradle of arts and culture.

Even though I have completely reiterated the fact that I loved everything about the film, what I loved most though would be the lunch scene. I love it how all the ideas about love have been pressed within a single scene that it can even surpass what other love-themed films have told all together. From juvenile love affairs to sexually bounded ones and to love over death, Before Midnight has discussed it within twenty minutes or even less.

The idea about us people, just passing through this life, has struck me most. I cannot agree more. I never really get the idea on why people will depend themselves over their loved ones and vice versa, the fact still remains that we will die eventually, and we will never want them to die with us because of sadness. The best thing to do is to make the best mark you can and make it stay forever, even after you.

Because again, we are just passing through.

Here are some of the photos I have during the premiere of Before Midnight.





Our "Is this the last?" face.


The people behind the premiere were all nice, I never felt any sort of discrimination even though I knew for a fact that I was set to watch the film with people who were way bigger than me. Plus they got my name printed and taped on my seat! You can only surmise the giddiness I felt upon seeing it.


The excited crown.


I was surprisingly brave enough to talk to people that night! I take it as the Supermoon effect. Here is a short video clip about what other people think about Before Midnight:


Before Midnight will hit the theaters nationwide on July 10! Go check out what can be the greatest love story after Romeo and Juliet.

* This post is made possible through the generosity of Reality Multimedia. However, not a single thing has been fabricated within this post.

8 komento:

  1. I was also there! I still love Before Sunset thank the last installment though. The mystery of their love story. ^^

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Wow! The film is lovely, isn't it? Nothing but true and everlasting love.

      Burahin
  2. My sister and I are already excited to watch the film. Can't wait!

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hi! Yes you should really be excited, it is one awesome film! :)

      Burahin
  3. you were so brave! i wouldn't do that haha cuz im shy xD

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hahaha, spur of the moment, I guess. :D

      Burahin
  4. "The idea about us people, just passing through this life, has struck me most. I cannot agree more. I never really get the idea on why people will depend themselves over their loved ones and vice versa, the fact still remains that we will die eventually, and we will never want them to die with us because of sadness. The best thing to do is to make the best mark you can and make it stay forever, even after you."

    Oh! I really enjoyed that quote by Natalia about "just passing through". Thoroughly enjoyed the film as well!:) Hope you can visit the Hunger Games Philippines page! :)


    - Bea

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hi Bea! Wow you found my blog, was about to send you an email. :) The movie sure is amazing! Cheers to us who have managed to control our overflowing emotions! :)

      Burahin