12.31.2013

Still, I am but a lonely kid.

First, I would like to formally announce that I have failed to create a special year-end post for all of my readers (not that there are many of you), and that I am very much sorry for it. The thing is, I am just getting lazier and lazier and lazier. Nothing much in there.

But above all, I know for a fact that I owe this blog, a breath of fresh new words. This blog has served its purpose really well, and I cannot thank you guys more for making it seem like something I can use in the near future, or even right at this very moment. If not for this blog, I would not have traveled places, and perhaps I am still but a coward little girl. I am still coward though, but not that much already.

How was my 2013? It was rather grand. If in 2012 I had discovered myself, I learned what that self can do this 2013. It somehow focused on my professional career, not that I have something established already, but let us just say that I became much more conscious about what will happen to me after college. I pretty much realized the world there is way way bigger than the world I have now.

One thing to ponder: you won't get anywhere without... breaking your curfew. Yes, as easy as that. The thing is, I am not that kind of teenager that will go partying late at night, at least not anymore, and it is always a thing to me when I go home late. There is a world beyond what the morning can bring, and it is sometimes better and more promising than what the daylight have, and there is a lot more opportunity there, I suppose.

Know what you want and do it. My classmates sometimes find it a bit weird that I am too deterministic about my writing. It is not that I am showing off what I can do, it is just that this is the only thing that I want to do, and I want to do it. As simple as that. I got published in Rappler, our university's literary portfolio, won several writing contests, made it to a legitimate writing job (and quit) and others, but at the end of the day, I just really want to write. Nothing more in there.

Holy shit for romance. I do not know anymore. Here goes the irony, as much as I am very deterministic on my writing, I am that indecisive on my... romantic life. Not love life. I've got all the love I have in here. But I am still young, and I am not going anywhere actually.

I was not able to meet new people, or at least some who made a mark, that is one reason why I was not able to come up with a legitimate drop-down lists that I used to do. But I was drawn closer to the people I knew way back, and I never knew they were that awesome. I am so fucking real when I am with them.

The question now is... what is next?

Perhaps that graham cake in the fridge.

5 komento:

  1. happy new year rhea :) just continue blogging, instead share more about your idea and journey and daily perspective.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. I really love the way you write! I know this is a long post but I never thought of stopping myself to read this. You are born to write! Love the ending... haha! the graham! oh. :|

    And oh what about a crush? Don't you have one?

    TumugonBurahin
  3. too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my
    friend sajid, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    TumugonBurahin
  4. attractive piece of information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend arjun, ahmedabad,i have read atleast eleven posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    TumugonBurahin